Sunday, March 27, 2011

waiting



for the past year, i have been somewhat of a vagabond.
i sold my home a year ago, and in the meantime have been waiting to buy a new place.
i have spent much of that time staying in a tiny guest cottage at my sister's home. she and her husband have been very gracious and kind. but i must admit to longing for a place of my own.
all of my belongings are in storage. a 27'x 10' unit packed to the rafters with boxes and furniture, mirrors, china, glassware, linens, lamps and books. all that and my dress form, miss priss.
i miss my stuff.
in the ensuing year, i have continued to buy stuff. most of which i hardly remember.
i am sure once i finally move there will be one massive yard sale. it will most likely never all fit!
i hope to be posting here about my hunt for the perfect place, and will in the meantime show pictures of my latest finds. (just bought a new camera...my other one is buried, somewhere, in storage and i got tired of waiting to find it again...)
i hope you will visit now and again as i share my dream and my latest vintage finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment